Saturday 27 March 2010

Style for Hand Drawn

Been working all week trying to make an animatic and start getting designs for the clay animated section of my film if I want feedback on how to improve. The clay animation will be the biggest risk and will take the most time. I have the central style for how I will do my hand drawn stuff. I want to have the colorful splatter backgrounds that I saw a lot in Ren and Stimpy.



I want the background to be so colorful and detailed so that when the characters are simple black and white drawings like Don Hertzfeldt's work, they are more noticeable. I will do the opposite process for flash, by having simple backgrounds and colorful characters. This way it has a mixed style so everyone can have something they like. Or possibly hate.

Don Hertzfeldt's "Billy's Balloon"


I will be hand drawing the entire section of 2d animation over my Spring Break, so since internet is scarce I want to stay as far away from computers for this process. Instead of loading each image into After Effects to recolor it, I want to draw the simple characters on paper, then cut each frame out and animate it in front of the colorful background. The process of cutting each character could take just as long as After Effects, I would just prefer to have as little work on the computer because I know how much time will go into attempting flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment