Thursday 20 January 2011

And the Results Are In.

And I got a 1st (a.k.a. an A) for my first semester.
Thank God, as I had put so much time into it. My evaluation paper didn't do as well, so it's kind of knocked me back a bit on getting motivated for my evaluation paper.
Anyways, today has been very productive. After my meeting I went into the retro lounge to have auditions for Chaz's film, "Just Squeeze". He's already signed Conner Mckenzy on board to play the main role of Gary. I had suggested Alan Medcroft, who's playing Donnacha in Will and the Worry Dolls. He came in and NAILED the role of the boozey lad of Danny.
Seeing them work together gave me hope that Conner will be a good addition to Will and the Worry Dolls too. The chemistry was hilarious and he'd make a great Will or Cary. Either way, I feel more confident as the cast and crew start to fill in.
Colan Belshaw is a determined 2nd year who's more than happy to do sound on my film, which I'm grateful for. Now, I just need a runner, Audrey, and either Cary or Will, depending on which role Conner fits better.
The second part of the day was planning out locations for "Just Squeeze". We have a huge crypt-like location under the church on Coronation Road. It was eerie being there because a funeral was going on above us. It was nice to understand the area a bit better and talk to John and Chaz to start to communicate with each other better. Some area of the location are too clean and need to be sectioned off to kill the massive echo. Besides that, it's perfect.
I am starting to finally get my head around "Just Squeeze" and my role in the film. It's so much more then directing. From re-writing parts of the script to placement of shots I have a lot of responsibility for this film now. With the last update of the script, I'm excited to become a stronger member of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment