Tuesday 18 January 2011

And... Back Again

After a week of jetlag and a massive hand in I'm back to working on Will and the Worry Dolls.
I had one final draft, just slight changes to make it feel more natural. Today I worked as a butler for Camille Brito's short film and saw a familiar face. Conner Mckenzy auditioned for Chaz Hood's short film, "Just Squeeze" which I'm directing in February. Chaz had nothing but good things to say about him and seeing Connor in Camille's film just proved his abilities again.

He enjoyed the script and wants to audition on the 21st or 27th. I'm excited for this, as he would be perfect for either Will or Cary. Seeing him gave me the hope that this film can come together and be good. It's motivated for a meaningful chat with Caitlin today and start to do more research.

I've already started to look at songs/ chemistry used with a ukulele. I love the ukulele in films and need to have it used at the end when the worry dolls make a band. These two examples are both sweet and lovely. Finishing the film in this tone is exactly what I want. Seeing the trailer for "Blue Valentine" even gave me new ideas on how to finish the film. I think I'll have the ukulele song continue while clips of Audrey and Will play to the song. Then at the end, it's revealed the Worry Dolls are playing the instruments. Look at the clips to get the lovely atmosphere I want:



No comments:

Post a Comment