Thursday 21 October 2010

Getting Things Off the Ground

Today is ground control day. The day when I start putting everything together and seeing where the end of this semester is. I've been typing up all my notes as I want everything to come off professional. I have an idea to wrap my whole presentation up like a present (PRESENTation) and then show that I have put the effort into the binder by printing everything, and then maybe drawing on pages and having cartoons and sweets around the whole thing to have a playful, child-like feel to the whole thing. We'll see if I have time for that at the end of the research section.

As I compile work there's an obvious gap of budget and business stuff. This is because of working with Caitlin and having a producer which is a new and wonderful experience. I really appreciate having someone devoted to my script and film to try and find funding and do work I don't have to worry about. She's been helping with the script, just having feedback and stuff like that. She's definitely above and beyond to help.

As for the script, I talked to Jeremy Routeledge from Calling the Shots and he loves the idea of the film and wants me to keep most of it, just tweak things so there's less narration and more character development for Will. I agree with this and will hear back from Izzie (the woman writing feature length scripts) before I make changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment