Friday 1 October 2010

Press Release

Man, work at Shorts International has been amazing. As well as going to events every night and meeting great people, the amount of knowledge I've gotten for future projects has been priceless.
Chris Tidman has given me great advice on shorts and features and certain ways to get budget and how to get my film out there.
Today was especially a great day, as I actually got practice in work I wanted to learn this year. How to write a press release is fundamental in giving the first announcement of your film to give to media people. It is great to give as part of a press packet and getting your name out there.
I was assigned to write a press release on the Shorts Scares collection being released in late October. Mark got me thinking of another way of writing. He said from the beginning to be emotionless throughout the whole 4 paragraph release. I've always written with a personality and it was fascinating on how the structure is so different.
You almost have goals you have to write in each sentence and have to find the quickest way to get to the point. One of the things I had to mention was one of the limited free release of the short, ROAR. Here is a link below to the trailer and I hope you watch it on vimeo. I had to watch it and give a sentence explaining the whole film.
By the third draft I got the mind-set of how to write as minimalist as possible. This has been one of the best things I could have taken away from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment