Wednesday 13 October 2010

Making Money

Today Caitlin kicked me into gear with getting funds for Worry Dolls. She's been on it since the beginning and I expect her to be at my side the whole time. She's been amazing with ideas and getting me thinking of the bigger picture. We decided to go to Frenchay as it's the biggest campus in UWE and try to sell cookies that Caitlin made. She blew me away with her strategy of making cheap cookies (a batch for 64p) and selling each one at 60-80p! In the end we made 55 pounds for 3 hours of work. It's a great start for sure.
I've started looking at other ways to make moneys and have the following ideas.

1.) Offer people a credit in my film as producers if they pay 10 pounds each. If I get 10 people that obviously is a quick 100 pounds towards the film.

2.) Offer an IMDB credit for the film. Same process as step one, just sweeten the deal with offering them a CV boosting credit on IMDB.

3.) My friend Jeff Brink offered me a website called Kickstarter.com and it gives you the chance to offer your film budget and get anyone to invest in it. Apparently the success rate is quite high but you do have the risk of the money being returned if you don't meet your budget. So aim low and then work from there.

Anyways, it was a great start and started getting me on the fact I have little to no money to offer this year, so fundraising is a whole new tactic I never thought of.

No comments:

Post a Comment