Tuesday 2 November 2010

Bake Sale 2

Another bake sale, slowly money towards my film. This time we made about 10 pounds less and twice the trouble. I have to think of other ways to make money pronto. As well as getting on kickstarter.com I'm going to try and talk to Chris from Calling the Shots about selling some of my HD content to him. Shorts International is always looking for HD content and if I did a short in HD I could sell it for 500-1,000 pounds and make extra money. It would also get my short onto Itunes. That's the newest I have in the mean time.

I've also fallen in love with the song, "Danger! High Voltage" from Electric Six. I think it would fit the mood of introducing the worry dolls tremendously well. I've written to the band and to the manager. The manager got right back to me and said to fill in forms from the publisher and recording company for rights. I filled in the one for the recording company, they give free access to film students but I have to pay 400 pounds if I want it to go into festivals.... I'm looking to find a way around this. Also just wrote to the publisher and waiting for a response. In good time, I think I'll be good to use the song. If I sell this film to Shorts International later, then I may be able to have the 400 pounds wavered.

No comments:

Post a Comment