Thursday 25 November 2010

Music Rights Accomplished

A lot of my film needs good music, and even if it's for the student viewing and not the film festival, I'm glad to have it.
I've been writing to Electric Six about using their song, "DANGER! High Voltage" for my film. I needed rights from both XL Recording and ATV/Sony London to use it for the student viewing. After much wait, ATV/Sony London finally responded with good news.
Now that this song is nailed to best introduce the worry dolls, I'm hoping to get another song to help close the film with the worry dolls.
My producer said she knows a friend who knows the Scissor Sisters. They are like an updated version of the Bee Gees and I think, are kooky enough for the Worry Dolls to sing their hit song, "Take Your Momma Out" when busking.
Here are both songs to get an idea of the music I'm going for in this film:

The sick and twisted music video of Danger! High Voltage:


And the funky Take Your Momma Out by the Scissor Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment