Saturday 13 November 2010

Bake Sale 3 and Other Things

Third Bake Sale = EPIC FAIL.
We made about 20 pounds. I'm not sure if the novelty is wearing off or it was just the day of people. I'm wanting to come up with other ideas and I am going to push myself to put one of those "buy a producer credit for 10 pounds" things for my friends. I've been learning a lot about marketing from my flatmate's girlfriend. I told her I'm trying to find sponsorship money for a conservation trip to Australia I want to do and she gave me a bunch of ideas for that. She made it sound somewhat easy, so my goal is to take some of the tactics for money raising (like hosting events) and pushing it to my film budget. Also, I'm working all the time so I can cover a lot more costs.

Went to a bunch of charity shops to get an idea of clothing. Already I found multiple options so I'm less worried about the clothing. I'll wait until the actors are cast to buy any. I also did another draft of the script today. Audrey is more likeable as a gynecologist that doesn't see what's funny about her occupation. I thought I'd still make her lame, but in a funny way. She's so lame, it's endearing. She makes lame jokes and comes off a little less rigid then she's been before. Also I've added a ton of jokes back in. Mostly how Will gets a promotion from a simple idea and how the Worry Dolls are asked to leave after they stick a raisin up Will's nose.

So ya, that's an update for you. Plus tones of weird films like Big Fish and Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment