Thursday 8 April 2010

Clay Armature

The reason I'll need to make a strict schedule is because I have done all my work in kind of a scattered "do a little bit in every category" style for the last couple of weeks and now that one animation is almost done, I can focus on finishing the other three parts of the film in some sort of order.
I've pretty much made my armature for the clay character. I had a class with my teacher Mary on how to make more stable armatures which is probably the best knowledge I'll get out of this semester. Joe Collins gave me some small wire which was a life saver and the fashion designer I did a music video for in the first year, Mel Lunn, will hopefully make the matador outfit. The tie ins on the bottoms are one of the most useful parts of the character. By using a product called "polymorph" I can boil water until it make the white beads into a putty, then when it hardens it's unmovable. Before it settles, I put screw in the bottom of the feet so that I can control the feet to a metal-mesh table with holes in it. The muscle is made of latex with memory foam. Yes, memory foam, the mattresses that you can put a glass of wine on and as much bouncing as you please, will not knock it over. I've finished the head but I need to finish the body so the last thing I need is more latex, which I hope to buy next week.

text describing the image

No comments:

Post a Comment