Friday 14 May 2010

Rough Edit Done

And I couldn't be more pleased with it.
It was worrying me at first the look of the whole movie. The warm tones that I wanted throughout the film with the red didn't come together until I started working with the color correction program, Magic Bullet. It's incredible and in a matter of clicks, the whole film looks more professional. The saturation is warm without looking to ridiculous and so I'm excited to see the final outcome.
I've found that some of my transitions (my original idea was every scene would have a match point) worked a lot better when I took the sound from the last shot and connected it to the next one. The best example of this is in the final shot when the sister pushes the cart out of the frame and the next scene where she's pushing her brother in the same cart.
Still having problems exporting my flash film at the moment. It slows down too much so on Monday I hope to get help with that. Ian showed me how to make my cartoon in HD and for the hand drawn stuff, Mike Marchlewski helped with putting my 4:3 image into 16:9 without losing the quality.
Slowly but surely I'm getting there. Next week is all about the stop motion.....

No comments:

Post a Comment